Pages

Friday, March 9, 2018

First Charity Quilt This Year

Last year I made 6 charity quilts to the children's ward at my local hospital. This year I am pretty relaxed  about making quilts for the hospital, I'll just make one when I get in the mood, no pressure concerning numbers.


I had quite a few novelty prints in my stash and decided to design a block to show off these fabrics. The block is 10.5" inch square unfinished.

 I decided that it would be too busy with only this kind of block in a quilt, so I added squares of another fabric in between.


This is the finished quilt. The near solid-looking blocks makes the design look calmer.


The backside of the quilt is pieced together from Debbie Mumm panels.


I quilted it with a free motion design of daisies and loops on my domestic sewing machine.


I made this quilt in seven days from start to finish, that's a pretty quick one.

The quilt is approximately 40"x50", and will be a great quilt for a small child. This is the 21st quilt I have donated to the hospital during my quilting career, and it will not be the last.

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday .

Happy quilting!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! Using up some pieces that might have been cut smaller or tossed in the trash(horrors). I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is satisfying using all the small scraps.

      Delete
  2. How wonderful of you to continue to make donation quilts for the hospital. It must be a very satisfying thing to do, using up old stash, and making a small one happy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!