Pages

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

2017 Aurifil October Block


The October block is designed by Helen Stubbings and is a really beautiful block. The original is made in green tones, but I chose to do my block in another color scheme.

Everything in this block is hand stitched, both the embroidery in a variegated grey floss and the english paper pieced frame in colorful batiks. I love the background fabric for this piece, it gives another dimension to the block!

I had a great time making this block, it is so nice to do some slow stitching, it is really calming you down and relieving stress.

Keep on stitching!

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty block - love those little birdies. I also enjoy the quietude and calmness of hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!