Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Super Cute Pincushions

My first post in 2017 is a cute one; on New Year's Eve I discovered a Pincushion SewAlong on Instagram. This is hosted by @zeriano and Sew Illustrated. The patterns were free until January 1st, so I hurried to download them.

Each pincushion is 3" x 3" inches finished. I am mostly using scraps of Liberty prints.


I just had to make this as the first one. The orange batik cat is a tribute to my late cat. He passed away two years ago at the mature age of 16 1/2 years.


The second one us appliquéd using two Liberty prints, and I used both machine and hand stitching.

These tiny projects are so cute and rewarding, I am using up the smallest scraps I have. For the back of the pincushions I am using my smallest floral prints.


In this bowl there is room for several more, just stay tuned to my blog!

Happy sewing!


3 comments:

  1. I downloaded these, too. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are pretty a stitcher can never have too many pin cushions, I too keep mine in a very big bowl. A good age for you cat, you must miss him I wonder if you have another one now. We lost Alfie in november he was 14 but Helen now has 2 more to keep her company

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!