Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Autumn Charity Quilt finished

It took me a little bit over a week to finish this charity quilt in between a busy schedule at work and home. The quilt consists of big panels, mainly. It will be donated to the children's ward at my local hospital as soon as possible.


The 4 barn panels are very detailed, if you click on the picture you can see all the creatures that inhibit the farms. I framed the barns with dark blue solid. The animal panels were not the same size, so there I had to add different stripes of blues. 

I would say this is a quilt for a little boy, with all the farm animals and the blur color. The details will occupy the little kid for hours, and many a story or fairy tale may arise from the farm pictures. I guess this quilt can take the mind off the illness for a while and give good comfort.


I pieced the back of the quilt with more blues and two other panels of garden equipment and city houses. In the middle there is a long stripe of text that I saved when I cut the barn panels apart. That one shows better off at the next picture.

I had to have the photo shoot out in our back yard this afternoon, to show off are apple tree which is loaded with big apples. It has been a good season this year, with hot weather during summer.


Here you can see the text stripe that I saved for the back of the quilt.

I did an all-over stipple for the quilting, and after a cycle in the washer and dryer, the quilt is nice and cuddly. The size is approximately 40" x 60", that's a good size for a little kid. The binding is made of a fall leaf fabric, which completes the quilt.

This completes my 7th charity quilt for the hospital, and I hope I have given the kids some joy and comfort during their time of serious illness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!