Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

The Benefit of Big Meeting Room Tables

A Saturday Night in July, a summer quiet working place, a meeting room with a big table, what is better than that when it comes to basting a big quilt?


Here my Summer Slice Scrap Busting quilt top is ready for basting. No need for crawling on the floor getting soar knees and back, decent working height, and the best of all DS2 as a very good helper. Just a minimum of instruction necessary, and he worked like a busy bee. We finished the basting of this quilt in less than 45 minutes, with no pain, whatsoever, and we had a great time doing it.


The backing fabric is an IKEA duvet cover. The fabric was not wide enough, so I inserted a pieced accent stripe in between the two parts. That brightens up the back, and makes it more interesting.

I am planning to quilt this one with straight lines using my walking foot. More updates will follow.

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!