Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Work in progress and Star Block Challenge

I have not had much time to sew lately, because lots of things are happening at the same time. Yesterday I felt that I just HAD TO SEW, otherwise I would go insane! So I pulled out some fabric to make a Charity Quilt for the children's ward at my local hospital. This will be a girly quilt, there is a lot of pink fabrics and flowers, but also some light blue in between.


I am centering the design around the cute panel of the little girl. I am making it scrappy. Let's see how it turns out.

Last week I made a star block for the Astronomical Block Challenge. I sent the block to Houston this week. My block will be combined with many other blocks in a quilt that will be displayed at the 2014 International Quilt Festival!
Imagine: my work will be on display at the International Quilt Festival!


Here is my contribution, 54-40 or Fight Quilt Block. This one was fun to make.

Happy quilting!

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!