Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Jewel Box quilting

I have decided to rename my wall hanging in the previous POST.

The old name didn't give the wall hanging enough credit, so the new name is Jewel Box. That's a more appropriate name, as I feel the jewels popping out of the blue/green boxes.


Here's a picture showing off the quilting. The late afternoon sun rays helps showing off the design. Straight line quilting in the blue/green boxes, FMQ triangles in the jewels, and small stippling in the white background to make the jewels pop.



A close-up of the quilting.

I am currently hand sewing the binding on the back. I'm coming with an update soon.

Happy quilting!

Linked up to Let's Bee Social and Linky Tuesday .

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours in that quilt and the quilting is just right, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is quite lovely! The name Jewel Box is very fitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Anita! The quilting sure does show of those jewels! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!