Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Progress

Last weekend I finished the quilting of the pillow front blogged in the previous post.


Yes, it's a Swoon! The fabrics are a perfect match with the clear white, the pink fabric with flowers in white and Cornflower blue, and the Cornflower solid. I did a straight line quilting with my walking foot, and used a light grey quilting thread.


Here, the quilting is finished. The straight line quilting gives a nice texture to the pillow front. I have previously made two of these pillow covers, blogged about here . Then it should have been fairly easy to complete this 20" pillow cover with an envelope closure, but, I got distracted...

I started on another project that I can't reveal until next month, but I can give you a little sneak peak of a few scrappy star blocks.


I am only using using fabric from my stash for this project, among them some recycled shirts. If feels good to not buy anything new, but after most of the blocks are made, I can not see much reduction in my scrap bins...

When the quilt top is finished on this project, I will have to get started finishing my Swoon pillow cover, because this is my ALYoF goal for April.

Happy quilting!

Linked up to Linky Tuesday #15 at Freemotion by the River.

2 comments:

  1. Loving your swoon pillow cover. The quilting is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun blocks and love the quilting you did on your swoon pillow! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!