Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Started on a new mystery/BOM - and plans ahead

There are so many BOM's out there in cyberspace; some you have to pay for, and some are free. When an interesting one pops up, I have a problem saying no to it. The result is that so far this year I have joined 2014 Aurifil BOM,  and another one by Pat Sloan: Globetrotting.



This is the first block, called Washington DC. You can read more about the BOM here .

In addition I have also joined a challenge to complete at least 5 quilting UFOs before May 1st. I have finished one (a pillow) already, and UFO number 2 will be on its way to the quilter by the end of the month. UFO #3 is a twin size quilt (from 2012) where I just have to finish the quilting and sew the scrappy binding on. UFO #4 is the 2012 Aurifil BOM where the top is done. UFO #5 is the 2013 Aurifil BOM where I have to assemble the blocks; come up with a nice layout, and just do it! As you can see, I have chosen to work with quite big projects!

Several of the quilters in my group will have a virtual sew along during the weekend to get some progress on these projects.

In addition to this, I will try to make a couple of charity quilts in between. And, also, there will probably pop up several tempting projects along the way. I will just have to learn to say no, because I can't do everything!

 

4 comments:

  1. Har vært fristet til å sy denne blokken. Og når jeg seer din, så blir jeg ikke mindre fristet. Den ble nydelig i blått og hvitt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita! What a nice block! I have also considered this BOM, but not started it so far. You have many great projects going on, we are lucky to have such a lovely hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det var et fint blokk. Jeg har enn så lenge nok med min PP Hasenbach Challenge, og Tula Pink 100 city blocks, men man blir alltid fristet.... ja, også hexies selvsagt. Hvem sa livet var kjedelig?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of great BOM's! This is the first time I 'playing' and ended up in 2! Including Auriful BOM!
    Love you block!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!