Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Another charity quilt finished

This is my latest finish within the Charity Category. The top is made from two different Charm Packs, in addition to some dark grey yardage.


 Here the quilt is getting lit by the late-afternoon sun rays on my porch fence. The color combination on this quilt is bright and cheery, but I think the dark grey solid tones it down in such a way that it it will be a perfect quilt for a boy.


The quilt will be donated to my local hospital, and will be given to a long-term ill patient. The size of the quilt is approximately 49" x 62" before being washed. The backing fabric is a duvet cover from IKEA, and the binding is the same dark grey.


The final picture shows the quilt spread out on my porch. The quilting is done with my walking foot, alternately done as a curvy and a straight line. I think you can see the design on this photo.

What is left now is to let it get a cycle in the wash and dryer, and then it will be ready for donation.

Happy sewing, everybody!

Linked up to Richard and Tanya's blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!