Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The secret project is revealed!

I could not reveal pictures of the quilt I finished in July before now. The reason is that it was given as a wedding present last Saturday.



Here it is on my floor. The light was a little bit bleak, so the colors do not show off as bright as they really are.

This was a Blogger's BOM from 2012, with contribution from 13 different designers. The quilt is a lap size, perfect for the newly weds to cuddle under. If you click on the picture, you will be able to see the quilting. It consists of a combination of FMQ and straight lines using the walking foot.


Here is a close up of the quilting. I used the Dogwood design from Oh Fransson! , by Elizabeth Hartman inside the individual blocks, swirls in the sashing, and pebbles in the corner stones. After that I got so tired that I could only do straight line quilting outside the blocks and on the border.



The backing is a duvet cover, and the binding is a red fabric with darker red, green and white dots. I also made a label with the name of the happy couple and the wedding date, in case they forget it...

The couple also got the two Swoon pillows I recently made, so now they really can cuddle!


The two love-birds were very pleased with the gift, and that makes me happy!

And, in addition, I finished another UFO , so that one is crossed off the list.

Linked to Richard and Tanya's blog.

4 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job on this quilt. Love your colours and the fancy borders. I also made this BBOM quilt top. It was a lot of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dette var litt av en presang, du. Kjempeflott ble det, og med masse arbeid gjennom lang tid kan du være skikkelig stolt over denne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! How could they not like it? I have not done any of the swoon projects. May have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gifts! I love the top, but the binding and the back are a perfect match! (I hope I choose the right words.) Well done.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!