Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Quilting the Sunny Skies

I blogged about my version of the Sunny Skies Quilt earlier. It is twin size, and will keep DS2 warm when returning to college in the fall. Now I have started the quilting process. Straight line quilting using my walking foot fits this design well, in my mind. The size of the quilt is max. of what I can struggle through my domestic sewing machine. (I want a new machine with a bigger sewing space!)



It will take a few more evenings before this one is one is finished. Even though it is a tough struggle, I enjoy the process.

Speaking about Sunny Skies, when I was at Svalbard (Spitsbergen) at 78 degrees North, last October. I bought a calendar with beautiful pictures of the scenery and the wildlife. Now in June they have Midnight Sun where the sun never goes below the horizon.

My favorite picture from this calendar is this one; I have to smile at it every time I look at it where it hangs in the kitchen:



It is an arctic tern attacking an arctic fox. The bird is just protecting its chicks, and you can actually feel the pain of the fox through this amazing picture! A great job of the photographer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!