Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Piecing away

During the last few days I have made a lot of progress in my piecing. Two quilt tops are completed, but I will only show one off in this post. The top is sort of a secret, but now is the right time for revealing the design. I had all the approx. 100 blocks made earlier, and sewed them together last Thursday. That was a marathon; I felt exhausted when it was completed! But it was all worth it, the resulting quilt top is good-looking!


Here it is on my porch early Sunday morning. I am sure DS2 will be happy to receive this when the quilting is done.

The quilt is twin size, approx. 64" x 92". I used scraps for the 16-patches, trying to keep them in a masculine color way. It consist of a lot of old shirts, but also some brighter squares. I even found room for leftover backing fabric from Easy Street.

I used dark grey and white as the solids. I love the way the secondary design of the stars stands out! You may have to look close to see that. The backing and batting is ready, and quilting will start as soon as possible.

I am really happy with how it turned out, and I hope the recipient will enjoy it as much as I do.



Here is a picture taken inside, but I really prefer the first one. An outdoor picture taken on an overcast day justifies the colors and design in a much better way.

Now I can relax and wait for my sons to come home for summer vacation. But, knowing myself, I will not be able to stay away from the sewing machine for a very long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!