Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Colorful bag

Last monthly meeting my guild had received some fabric from a lady who had shut down her store. A few big boxes of fabric were on display, and the best was that it was free for the guild members! Who can say no to free fabric? At least not me!

The boxes contained mostly curtain fabrics, but also a few good cottons. I brought home a few items, with the intention of making bags. I was in a bright color mood, and soon I had picked out a design for a big bag that is perfect for class-projects. There is a lot of room in this one, for cutting board, big square ruler, project box, and probably more. The size is approximately 18" square.


Here it is on display in my old, dead plum tree in the yard. As you can see, the spring has not come very far, yet. The snow just left a week ago, and we have had fairly cold weather. Since there are no flowers or green grass around in my yard, the bag really cheers the place up.

We have put out one chair on the porch, that is where my cat takes a nap in sunny, warm weather. Since the temperature is just a few centigrades, the chair is available for picture taking of quilt projects. Here is the other side of the bag, plus a peek of the lining.



To sum up, the outside of the bag is a compilation of curtain fabrics, and the lining is an old IKEA fabric from my stash.

I am pleased with the result, and looking forward to start using it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!