Pages

Friday, February 12, 2016

It's all about Blocks

2016 seems to be a block-making year. I have joined: one Quilting Bee with participants from 4 different continents, 3 (maybe 4) QALs, and I am also going to make a row or two from the Moda All-Stars All in a Row book.


This is the third block in the Modern HST Sampler hosted by Blossom Heart Quilts. The block is called Lantern, and with the fabric I chose, it makes me long for spring!


For the quilting bee I made a Wanta Fanta block for Maja, this month's Queen Bee. The above picture shows the backside of my very first foundation paper pieced block! The technique is so fun, and I want to do it more often!

Maja wanted blocks in pink print with a greyish background. Being the mother of two boys,  I don't have a very big selection of pink prints, but I did my best.  I can not show the front of the complete block, yet, since it has to be a surprise until she receives it.

Keep on quilting!

1 comment:

  1. lantern block looks good still not started my blocks.Good for you with PFP not a technique I have managed to get my head round yet, think it is one that needs someone sitting beside me showing me how to do it

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!