Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Moose are Loose in the Forest


I took a walk in the forest, and see what I bumped into: A herd of moose hiding among the trees!


The moose pulled further in the forest and tried to get away from me.


I managed to gather the moose and bring them home. Here they are relaxing on my porch wall. The forest, which is their home, can be seen in the background.


Maybe they are a little bit more comfortable hanging in the tree?


Relaxing on the sofa must be the best place!


They wanted to go out again, and the porch floor seemed to be a good location.

Quilt statistics:
Moose on the Loose
48" x 60"
Design by Cheryl Haynes for Benartex
Pieced and quilted by me

All the fabrics used are from my stash. The quilt is a combination of pieced log cabin blocks and raw edge appliqué. The quilting consists of straight line with the walking foot (Janome) and free motion quilting on my 50 year old Pfaff.


The backing is a flannel in fall colors, perfect for camouflage during the hunting season!


Here is a detail picture taken during the quilting process. The brown fabric is perfect for moose skin, and the scrappy tree adds to the masculinity of the quilt.

I finished the quilt with a coffee brown binding, and added a hanging sleeve so the recipient can choose whether he wants to hang it on the wall or snuggle under it in his chair.



12 comments:

  1. Flott quilt! Fint å kunne bruke stoff fra lageret.
    God helg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those moose certainly led you a merry dance, but you did well, rounding them up without bloodshed! I'm sure any hunter would welcome the present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great quilt and enjoyed the way to shared it with us

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love moose! I've only ever seen one in real life, so I loved your little tale. Great quilt :-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I loved the story and the quilt is great. The strip of trees at the bottom makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute quilt! What model is your Pfaff? I have a Pfaff 362 from 1966 and it is the best machine ever for quilting. And your handled the moose really well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! Perfect scene for taking the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous quilt! It is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice indeed - what a great quilt.
    There are no moose where we live, down here in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!