Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

2013 Aurifil DOM Quilt Finished

The last stitches, attatching the label, was done this morning, and it is now official; my 2013 Aurifil Quilt is finished!

My goal post is here:  ALYoF March Goal .


Vibrant, strong colors of this quilt. The 12 designer blocks were surronded by 8 blocks that balances the quilt.


By adding the extra 12" blocks in two different greys, the quilt is approximately 55" x  68". This is a good size for a charity quilt. The children's ward at my local hospital is in need of charity quilts for teenagers, and especially for boys. This one will be donated next month.


Black sashing and border frames the blocks perfectly. The quilting is done in a simple fashion, wavy lines of slate grey thread using my walking foot. As with my previous quilt, I had to audition several fabrics for binding, but ended up with a chocolate brown fabric which complements the brown fabric used in most of the blocks, and gives it a masculine finish.


A good view of the quilt on my porch. As you can see, we still have a good deal of snow in our yard. I hope it will disappear soon!


The back is a duvet cover from IKEA. The grey, wavy lines complements the front.

This quilt is also my 5th UFO completed for 2014.

Linked up to  2014 ALYoF and Linky Tuesday by Freemotion by the River .

10 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful quilt. Congratulations on your finishes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. . I adore this layout. Great finish. Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The layout you used had a nice modern feel to it with the extra blocks and I love that backing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your sampler looks so fantastic.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five UFO's completed is impressive. I think a teenage boy would love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! this quilt is just amazing! I love how you added those grey blocks. I really makes the pieced blocks pop!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!