Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Quilt for DS2 is finally finished

Since DS1 got his quilt in December, DS2 has really longed for his own. Finally, after 6 months, it is finally finished!


The design is Sunny Skies Quilt from Missouri Quilt Co.  I made it into a twin size, 68" x 92"; used scraps or the 16-patches, and added yardage of white and dark grey solids for contrast.



Love the way the secondary star pattern pop up in-between the colorful patches. The late evening sunrays give a sparkle to the quilt!



DS2 agreed to accompany me out on the photo shoot in the forest next to our home. Doesn't he look good dressed in his own quilt? I think the colors are perfect for a young man!

As you might see, there is going to be lots of wild blueberries this year!



This is my special quilt-display tree in the forest, a great pine tree with a perfect, almost horizontal branch.


I used my walking foot for the straight-line quilting. The backing is made from an IKEA duvet cover, and the binding is a light grey solid.

DS2 is pleased with my work, and agrees that this quilt will brighten up the room and keep him warm during the fall and winter!

Linked up to Richard and Tanya Quilts 'Link a Finish Friday #72'


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt, Anita. I love this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is lucky :)
    Good job on the quilt, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt, the pattern is really striking, I see what you mean about the stars popping out. You've gotta love a duvet cover backing - I do it all the time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt for a young man. Very striking. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this quilt - and the backing fabric is cool. I've never thought to use a duvet cover before. Then again, we're not cool enough to have an Ikea in our neighborhood. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!