Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Celebrating a day off work

1st of May is a National Holiday in Norway. It is nice to get a day off work in the middle of the week. What else to celebrate the day with, but to do some quilting?! The result is a quite big mug rug in red, white and blue in the center panel; the colors of the Norwegian flag.


We are celebrating our National Day May 17, and this mug rug will fit in perfectly. I worked on my FMQ skills, and made a few flowers, and a swirly border around the white fabric with musical notes. Musical notes are just perfect for the backgroud of the hexagons, since May 17 is just filled with music from school bands in the parade in each city or little town in Norway. The black fabric in the outer border may illustrate all the balloons that are up in the air this day. I like the effect in the binding; small pink sunrises on red bottom.

The center panel is made using my Hex N More ruler. This is my first attempt using this one. I guess I will use it more soon, but this time on a bigger scale. (The hexagons are 2", and the mug rug is approx. 6" x 10").

Earlier this morning I would not have been able to take this picture on my porch, because when I looked out the entrance door it looked like this:



Snow in May! A thin layer, though.
My lawn looked like this:


I am sick and tired of the snow. Fortunately, it was all gone in a couple of hours. I want spring to come right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!