Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blueberry blues, or not...

I have been working pretty hard on my charity quilt(s) lately, today I have achieved quite a good progress on the second Halloween quilt. I felt I had to take a break and do something quite different this morning, so I went out in the forest, which is only 5 minutes walk from my house, searching for blueberries. Usually these berries get ripe in the end of July where I live, and for the last few years I have been on vacation that time. This year the summer was exceptionally bad with low temperatures and lots of rain, so the berries just recently became ready to pick.
The resulting crop after today's walk in the forest was carefully cleaned and processed when I returned home. Now I have blueberries in the freezer ready for pies or muffins, and the best, as far as I am concerned, blueberries just stirred with a little sugar, and that is PERFECT for pancakes. Yummy!
I also got to pick some of my garden berries, today it was white currants.
These are not very common anymore, but I have two bushes in my yard. I might make jelly of these berries, it will be an interesting color!

As for the blues, my fingers definitely got blue, but I had a great day, both in the forest and back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a quick note!