Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Progress on Quatrefoil Table Runner

This is the project I started last month (or yesterday), the pieces are cut and I have started sewing the blocks together.

I found the design over at ModifyTradition, but I know this has been published lots of other places.
When auditioning the fabrics I had to switch the center block of the block to the left, the original fabric I had chosen was way too "weak", the new center pink is a lot more interesting, and it even has some 'gold' in it which matches the golden hexagons in the other block.

This will eventually become a three block table runner, about 42" long. As for my latest projects I am only using fabrics from my stash.

Since Easter vacation started today, officially, I have to show off some yellow colors, too. This nice spring bouquet is perfect for Easter, hope it will last all the vacation days.

Happy Easter!

Linked up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Let's Bee Social.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

New project started the last day of March

These are the fabrics I have chosen for a new table runner. I am making this for some friends who are beekeepers. The golden hexagon fabric is perfect for this couple! I can almost hear the bees buzzing and smell the sweet honey!

All the fabrics are from my stash, so this is another stash-buster project. I think this one will be enjoyable to make!

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Quilty Stitches Completed!

Finally, my Quilty Stitches cross stitch project is completed! I started it sometime last year, and put the last white stitches in yesterday. The design is by Little Miss Shabby, and shows 16 more or less well-known quilt blocks.

It has been a real pleasure working with this project, and I kind of miss it, already! What is left to do is to get it framed and hang it on my wall. The size is approx. 8" x 8", and there is a lot of tiny stitches.

Now I need to start another (small) cross stitch project, because this is just relaxing!

Have a great Easter vacation, for those of you who are lucky enough to have that!

And in the mean time: Keep on quilting!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tree Bird Giveaway Winner

The winner of my giveaway in the Tree Bird blog hop is Brandy, congratulations!

The prize will be shipped off to her soon.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Big Baby - ALYoF March Goal accomplished

My ALYoF goal for March was stated here:

I used recycled fabrics for this quilt, and decided to use a solid light grey cotton as background. The design is called Big Baby, and is from the book Vintage Vibe by Amber Johnson. I won a signed copy of the book in a giveaway, and this is one I will cherish!

The top of the baby quilt came together quite fast, the design is simple, yet stunning. Here the flimsy is laid out on my porch floor.

In my plum tree,

the wind tried to take it...

Here it is quilted, with the binding added. The quilt is approximately 37" square after wash and dryer cycle. The binding is blue with red and white flowers.

The back was made from two recycled pillow cases, I love how the back really compliments the front! This is a quilt that can be used by both boys and girls.

It looks good in the playground.

This quilt will stay in my house for a while, because there are no expected babies in the near future, as far as I know.

It is good to finish a scrappy project, I like using recycled fabrics!

Linked up to BlossomHeartQuiltLinky Tuesday , Let's Bee SocialLink A Finish Friday and TGIFF.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Last Day of Tree Bird Blog Hop on Monday!

Tomorrow is the last day of the Tree Bird blog hop, make sure you visit the participants:

Monday, March 23

Thanks to Mdm Samm  and Lana for keeping us all in line.

Monday is also the last day to enter my giveaway. The winner will be announced on Tuesday.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Meet & Greet

Thanks to the lovely Mdm Samm who organize and sponsor this event.
My mother taught me how to embroider and cross stitch when I was a little girl. I also learned how to knit, crochet, and lots of other things.

The first item in line, or hanging in the dead tree, is a bell pull that I cross stitched years ago, most likely in Junior High or sometime around there. It has got the traditional roses, and it is currently residing in my living room.

The detailed picture shows off the design in a better way. Wool embroidery floss was used in the cross stitching. I am sure I was pretty impressed with myself when I finished it!

My mother helped sewing the backing on and mounting the metal hangers. This is a treasure I will keep forever!

A few years back I was doing a lot of stitchery. This is a design made by a Norwegian designer, and I stitched it in variegated grey DMC floss. The stitchery will eventually be incorporated in a table runner.

Approximately one year ago I finally finished my 2012 Aurifil Designer of the year quilt.

I framed the stitcheries from the 12 different designers in scrappy blue and green and made a lovely wall hanging out of it.


More details of the quilt can be seen in this post: 2012 Aurifil Quilt.

The last project I will show is a cross stitch project designed by Little Miss Shabby, and it's called Quilty Stitches.

I think it lacks 2 rows of white floss on the bottom before it is 100% finished. This was a monthly stitch along last year. The designs are still available for free.

I think this approx. 8" x 8" piece is quite adorable! It is a very nice collection of temporary quilt blocks.When I finish the last couple of rows it will be framed and put up on my wall.
Happy Stitching!